Diana's recipes broadcast in February 2016 on BBC radio3 Counties in Nick Coffer's Weekend Kitchen.
This is a very easy to do and healthy dessert that everyone loves. It can be a tasty snack or an end to a hearty family meal, as you prepare it in advance. This is also very versatile as you can put any kind of fruit that you fancy, or do not really know what to do of. The ingredients you need are also usually in your pantry.
INGREDIENTS: 500g of fresh fruit (apple, pear, apricot, peach, cherries, etc) - 100g of caster sugar - 125g of all-purpose flour - 1 pinch of salt - 3 eggs - 30cl of whole fat milk - Icing sugar.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1) Preheat your oven at 180°C.
2) Take a round baking tray of roughly 24centimeter diameter. Smear butter all over. Coat the bottom with caster sugar.
3) In a big bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, add 1 pinch of salt and the second half of the caster sugar.
4) In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add them to the mix of flour, salt and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
5) You can then add the milk, mix thoroughly.
6) Put the fruit pieces in the round baking tray, then pour the mix on top. Put to bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes
7) The clafoutis should not be totally set but slightly trembling
8) When the clafoutis reaches room temperature, sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
9) It is best eaten cold, directly from the baking dish.